The fourth generation of Ford's successful mid-range series is the most technologically competent and advanced compact model in the history of Ford Europe.
The bestseller of the brand will once again come off the production line in the Saarlouis production facility in Germany's Saarland in the form of a 5-door hatchback saloon as well as in the racing tournament combi Version.
In Germany, the new Ford Focus is currently available in five different equipment lines: Trend, Cool & Connect, Titanium, ST-Line and Vignale. The Active (the first crossover variant of this construction series) will follow. The new Ford Focus construction series will also be available for the first time with an 8-speed automatic transmission.
Innovative driver assist
The new Ford Focus offers the most comprehensive provision of driver assist systems that Ford has ever offered in its European construction series. This includes:
- the new Ford Intelligent Drive Assist. It combines the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) system with a traffic jam assistant including Stop & Go function and the "lane pilot" function. This enables the Ford Focus models with automatic transmission to drive effortlessly in congested traffic. In addition, the system is linked to the traffic sign recognition system and automatically adjusts the speed when changing from one section of road to another.
- The Adaptive LED headlamps with glare-free high-beam assistant and camera-based bend lighting react for the first time ever to traffic signs along the road and adjust the headlamp beam angles accordingly.
- "plus" , the active park assistant with parking and departure function and partially automated vehicle guidance also controls gear selection as well as brake and accelerator pedal commands on Ford Focus models with the new 8-speed automatic transmission.
- The first head-up Display used by Ford in Europe increases the driver's concentration on the traffic situation.
- The evasive steer assistance (ESA) of the new Ford Focus is an innovation in this vehicle class. It serves as active steering support in the event that the car has to drive around obstacles in order to avoid a collision.
Special comfort on board the new Ford Focus: it also provides connectivity solutions such as the integrated FordPass connect modem, with which you can conveniently access the vehicle data of your new Ford Focus via smartphone, organise a service, find a parking space or contact the breakdown service, as well as an inductive charging station for wireless charging of compatible Smartphones.
Smartphone devices are connected via the Bluetooth interface of the Ford SYNC 3 communication and entertainment system, with which audio, navigation and air-conditioning functions can be controlled by voice command on the eight-inch touchscreen colour monitor. It is compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Finally,Live Traffic allows navigation based on real-time traffic data.
Hier geht's zum deutschen Text
B&O PLAY sound system with ten Speakers
The new optional B&O PLAY sound system transforms your music files into a brilliant sound experience. It has an output power of 675 watts and, with a total of ten loudspeakers, it delivers musical enjoyment that extends far beyond the vehicle segment to the top class.
On the drive side, the new Ford Focus is launched with the latest generation of the award-winning EcoBoost three-cylinder engine with 1.0 and 1.5 litres cubic capacity. Both gasoline engines benefit from the innovative cylinder cut-off technology that Ford was the first automobile manufacturer to introduce for three-cylinder engines.
The ultra-modern Ford EcoBlue turbo-diesels are available with 1.5 and 2.0 litres cubic capacity.
The newly developed 8-speed automatic adjusts its gear shift strategy adaptive to the driving style and is now controlled via an attractively designed electronic gear Lever.
Superior space Provision
The new Ford Focus offers a superior comfort experience, which is based in particular on the superior space provision. Driver and passengers enjoy class-leading shoulder room.
The longer wheelbase and the flat vehicle floor pay off for the passengers in the rear seats who have a knee clearance of 81 centimetres. The airy feeling is further enhanced by the optional panoramic glass sunroof.
Ample luggage space Provision
The luggage compartment with the flat loading floor is sufficient to transport even voluminous objects without any problems.
Without the rear seat folded down, the load volume of the 5-door increases by 25 litres to 341 litres compared to its predecessor. The load volume increases to 1,354 litres when the rear seat is folded down.
The sensor-controlled tailgate allows access to the luggage compartment via a simple foot movement under the rear apron.